Monday, July 18, 2016

Beginner faux calligraphy

    Well I haven't posted in quite sometime. I've decided to start this blog up again and be better at updating. Lately I've been into faux calligraphy. It has been so fun to do! It is very relaxing as well. 
   First off, I went to hobby lobby and got myself a notebook to practice my doodlings in. It was like $7. It is the XL canson Mix Media notebook. The pages are fairly thick, so it doesn't bleed, unless I use sharpies. I also bought a Faber-Castell PITT artist pen. It is a soft brush pen.
  The brush pen is actually hard to use. I am not used to applying more and less pressure to create a certain look. It will definitely take some practice! As for now, I've been using a thin tip sharpie, crayola markers, and regular sharpies.
The first 3 pictures are me practicing with the soft brush pen.

Remember, I'm just a beginner!!




The next few were done with a thin tip sharpie and markers.
I totally wrote the wrong date for my anniversary! #marriagefail



I turned my lettering into a digital copy that I can print out! Thanks to the Adobe Capture app 

the sharpies bleed a little bit, so in the background you can see it bleeding through


  So as you can see I am by no means a professional. I have really enjoyed trying out new techniques. I do need to give credit to my friend oak.lettering.co (on Instagram) for letting me copy a lot of the stuff she has posted on Instagram! She also suggested I buy the Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pens. I am going to be purchasing them this week. I will also be sure to take pictures in bettering lighting next time. 
   The really great thing about practicing has been finding such positive and uplifting messages people have used to write in calligraphy. On that note "Let your light shine" and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment